Parish of Sts. Columbanus & Gall, Milltown, Dublin
15th Sunday in Ordinary Time – July 12th, 2020
Thank you for your contributions to last Sunday’s collections. The Offertory Collection amounted to €610 and the Share Collection amounted to €485.
Many of these donations were received through the on line facility on our parish website at www.milltownparish.ie.
This Week’s Feast Days
Monday July 13th: St. Henry
Wednesday 15th: St. Bonaventure, bishop and doctor of the church Thursday 16th: Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Our thanks to the parishioners who have volunteered to help with the re-opening of our church for public Masses.
Some additional volunteers are required to help with stewarding and sanitising for Sundays at 10.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. and weekday Masses at 10.00 a.m.
Please phone Fr. Peter Briscoe (2196600) or the Parish Office at: 2196740 / 2680041.
Our parish church reopens today for public Mass. Mass on Sundays will be celebrated at 10am and 11.30am. Mass on Monday to Friday will be at 10am.
We ask parishioners to read the following guidelines on returning to Mass in the church.
· The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays is suspended.
· It is recognised that you have the right to exercise your own judgement as to the extent to which you consider the cocooning guidance appropriate for you. However, older people (aged 70 years and over) and those with pre-existing chronic conditions have been found to be more susceptible to COVID-19 infection and are most likely to experience severe consequences from infection so it is still recommended that you remain cocooned for your safety.
· Under present Government Guidelines re social distancing of 2 metres, we may only accommodate 46 persons in our church. This number includes the Celebrant and Ministers who are involved in the liturgy.
· Our SIDE PORCH will become the new ENTRANCE DOOR to the church. Parishioners are requested to join a queue here to gain admittance to the church.
· Stewards will commence admitting people into the church 20 minutes before each Mass.
· You will be requested to sanitise your hands on entry.
· Stewards will show you to your seat. Please remain in the place shown you by our volunteer stewards.
· The FRONT DOOR of the church will become the EXIT DOOR.
· There will be Collection Boxes for the customary First and Second Collection at the exit doors of the church.
The Parish Church remains open for private prayer from 10.45am – 5.30pm on Monday to Saturday. On Sundays the church will be open following sanitising after the 11.30am Mass.
· Mass at Milltown is live streamed and can be accessed from this website and on mcnmedia.tv.
By following the instructions below you can access mcnmediatv:
· Google mcnmediatv
· Open MCN Media / CCTV, Sound & Live Streaming Specialists
· Select and insert Republic of Ireland in the left hand search box at the base of the screen and Dublin in the right hand search box.
· Select page 2 where you will find a picture of Milltown Parish Church
· Press arrow and you will have access to live streamed Mass in Milltown Parish Church.
The Mary Aikenhead Day Centre in Donnybrook is appealing for volunteers to help with the delivery of their meals on wheels. The Centre currently have a reduced number of volunteers as many of their helpers are cocooning. They also have a reduced number of volunteers available during the summer months.
If you are available to help please call Sr. Marie Smyth at 2698995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .