GUIDELINES FOR RETURNING TO MASS IN CHURCH – July 12th, 2020
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays is suspended. people may fulfil their obligation by attending Mass on any other day of the week.
- It is recognized that you have the right to exercise your own judgement as to the extent to which you consider the cocooning guidance appropriate for you. However, older people (aged 70 years and over) and those with pre-existing chronic conditions have been found to be more susceptible to COVID-19 infection and are most likely to experience severe consequences from infection so it is still recommended that you remain cocooned for your safety.
- Under present Government Guidelines re social distancing of 2 meters we may only accommodate 46 persons in our church. This number includes the Celebrant and Ministers who are involved in the liturgy.
- Our SIDE PORCH will become the new ENTRANCE DOOR to the church. Parishioners are requested to join a que here to gain admittance to the church.
- Stewards will commence admitting people into the church 20 minutes before each Mass.
- You will be requested to sanitise your hands on entry.
- Stewards will show you to your seat. Please remain in the place shown you by our volunteer stewards.
- The FRONT DOOR of the church will become the EXIT DOOR.
- There will be Collection Boxes for the customary First and Second Collection at the exit doors of the church.